This is my first post so it would only be appropriate to explain why I'm here or what this is even about eh?
Farmers only is an Internet dating site for....you guessed it farmers or wanna be farmers. I wouldn't have, in a million years, thought I would have gone on one of these sites let alone be married to someone I met on there....but here I am, living happily ever after :-)~
I was 25 living in Columbus, the big city, after I graduated from Ohio State, and had just broken up with a fiance, living alone with my dog. My daily routine consisted of, work, gym, dinner, walk the dog, riding horses, shower, bed. Where exactly was I going to meet someone who could work in an office during the day, like me complete with heels and all, then at night put on the work boots and clean out stalls?? I'm sure people do it everyday, I just didn't know who they were or how to meet them......and were they cute?!?
A farmer guy friend, well that's what I called him but I"m sure he told his buddies we were "together", called and told me he needed a camera because his cousin had told him about this website and the first so ever many people that posted on there would get a free membership. I am pretty sure he was fishing to see if his "girlfriend" would be OK with him posting a profile and picture on a website for a dating site. It was a GREAT IDEA!!!
To be perfectly honest I was doing quite well being "alone" but had decided after 6 months that starting to date was not a bad idea. I also had quite the list of, friends of friends, that were waiting for me..... I wasn't just going to wing it this time, I am a planning type of person and wanted to choose my dates carefully and not just because they winked at me from down the bar. Being able to view a picture and profile was just as good as an awkward first date, I'm in. I did not have the Internet at my apartment, because I spent a total of 10 hours there a day and 7-8 of those were sleeping, I packed up the lap top and trotted (pun intended) down to the coffee shop to see what my options were. 7 day free trial here I come!!!
Farmers only had a month free trial..Cha - Ching!! I could surely find a hot farmer guy here in a month.........
The Search: I did do some trial on Yahoo, Match, and a few others but the most outdoors people got in that area was walking their dog outside and possible playing Frisbee golf, which is fun by the way. There were a number of booty callers out there. My farmers only account was flatteringly doing quite well I was getting "winks" and "roses" everyday. In the farmers world it was kind of the mind set that, you come to them, in terms of where to live, my thought was what is the point in talking to the guy in WI when there was no way I was moving there.
I narrowed my search and didn't respond to some.....sorry :-)
There were cute little phrases that you could respond to when you got a "rose" one of which I used on my future husband "don't hide send me your picture"
I was not the most chatty via e mail until I got this picture..I"m sorry but there are reasons why people use the phrase "corn fed" and it's not just for cattle.
After I saw how cute GE was I was all about it. We chatted e mail for about a month, phone for about a month, then our 1st date. The rest is history. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment