Friday, March 30, 2012

The Horse Diary "Acuscope"

I would like to tell you all about an evaluation and treatment that I had done on my horse. Alaina Houpt of Equisport Therapy came out to the farm to evaluate Gus man. I knew of her services but was unclear of exactly what it is, I'm thinking some of you maybe thinking the same so here is my story, maybe it will help.
She test like 10 areas to measure the micro current running thru, if there is a low number , there is low cartilage or something amiss in that area. She takes a reading of the lung or “whole body reading” that give you basically an average number, Gus’s was 61, most of his area’s were in the 55-65 range his sacroiliac and hips and hawks were over 80 so his back end is really good. His front end however is really low, his shoulders were in the 35-40 range and his knees were 3 and 0, his fetlocks were in the 15-20 ranges. So instead of just doing a whole body opening she did a front body opening to get everything in the front going. After she did the treatment his 3 knee was a 72 and his 0 was a 4. But she said anything from a 0 is a good sign, meaning it can be revived a little, sometimes when it’s 0 if it has been that way for a while she has a hard time ever getting a reading. I am going to pay to have her come back to do the series of 3 and after the 3rd if he is not around 10 I will get something going with those knees. The fetlocks came up to around 70 also but she said as long as they are double digits after the 1st treatment they will go up to normal usually. I’m having her come back in 2 weeks,  she wants to do a whole body so he is balanced, and then the 1st week of May to check the front and do the front again and see where we are at.
It's really awesome information to have on your horse.





Once she started the treatment Gus was Yawning and Yawning and Yawning she said it was a natural release, also bit my shirt twice and did the upper lip flip  so he must have liked it.

If you would like more information contact Alaina Houpt, http://www.equisporttherapy.webs.com/ or 724-504-2280

No comments:

Post a Comment