Monday, March 5, 2012

Horse Crazy...it's in your blood

Last week Davy Jones of the Money's passed away and I heard on the radio how the band was going to replace and keep touring. Some people including myself thought.....maybe it's time to hang it up guys...why would they want to keep doing that at their age. I then let the thought pass and moved on.

Over the weekend I got to spend some time with my Mom and sister. We were on our way wedding dress shopping with my youngest sister and I said, I couldn't find anything to wear, it's so much easier when we are getting dressed for a trip to Quarter Horse Congress.....we then notice we have the same necklace on :) great minds.....

We later ended up at a birthday party where we had some drinks at a high top table, where we got to spend some more quality time together.....again talking horses. We are both boarding for a month or so during this crazy winter, I normally ride in the snow (another dash of crazy) when it's frozen but with the wet weather it's making it impossible to do anything. She was talking about the horse apparatus that she rigged up (all 5 foot, 110 pounds of her) to get her spaz horse in the trailer alone.....when she states "we must be crazy" which I promptly blamed on her because I obviously get my "horse crazy" from her...among other kinds of crazy that you will have to talk to farmer G about lol.

So today driving to the barn,on my lunch, in dress clothes, eagerly awaiting my carharts and fat baby's it occurs to me.........that's why The Monkey's are going to replace the singer, they can't...... they can't quit and they don't want to......it's in their blood. Like G can't stop thinking about making hay in December, like I can't stop thinking about getting to the barn on a daily basis, like The Monkey's can't stop thinking about their next gig. It consumes you and makes you crazy, it's what you plan your life around, your days around.... right down to the necklace.

At least on some level of raising Claire I will understand one thing about her........one part crazy she gets from me is horse. The crazy part about it, is that riding actually calms me...so part of being horse crazy is calming.......no wonder no one understand....

I hope everyone has something in their life that is consuming that gives them joy, and even better yet, that they can share with their loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment